Loving Hands Food Pantry
The Loving Hands Food Pantry was established in the Fall of 2010 by the Senior Adult Ministry to minister to the Florence Community and surrounding areas in need of food. We are open from 10am to 12pm on Tuesdays to anyone needing food. All of our food is given by loving donations from the FBC Church Family, and our pantry is operated by church volunteers who lovingly give of their time to minister to each participant.
We Can Help
Please contact Tim Goodman, Minister of Music and Senior Adults for more information or any questions you might have. (601.845.7578)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are you located? The Food Pantry is now located in the building next to the Church Office, 116 East Main Street, in downtown Florence.
- How much food do I get? We offer two bags of food, each with 6 items, per household, per week. The bags usually consist of a well-rounded meal, including vegetables, fruit, etc.
- What do I need to bring the first time I come to the pantry? We ask that you fill out a form that we keep on file that requests basic information about yourself. We do not request or want your social security number or any form of identification.
- Can I get food for a friend? We ask that all participants come to the pantry to get their food. Our main reason for this request is so that we can minister to each participant through prayer as well.
- Is there any way for me to get assistance with my bills? Unfortunately, we do not assist with any kind of bills. Should you need that kind of assistance, we ask that you go to the FBC Florence Church Office.
Calendar of Events